Thursday, February 4, 2010

This is for Beth


I must forget the sweet things you said to me as I run away from our wedding, taking off in the middle of I Don't, I loved you till that moment. I will never love again.
Why did I think it would work?
We do love each other. I don't love you enough to do this, so I run as I have run from all the things in my life, both good and bad.
the look on your face is burned into my memory, as if I had slapped you across the face with a frozen halibut that I could barely lift.
halibut is tasty but it will rot if not frozen or eaten.
I am frozen and I will not be eaten to be your clone. and I will not be left to rot again.
I am alone in my frozen silence.
you will remember the halibut and starve.
it is what it is.

_________________________________________________________


Beth I hope you like that, the sign wasn't for you the sign was for the story!!
this is for you

Bib

3 comments:

Beth said...

LOVE IT!!!!! You are brills, Bib!


and I want that cross stitch!

Beth said...

Seriously, it's brilliant. "You will remember the halibut and starve."
Thank you for continuing the scrawled thought of a teenager from 30 years ago, who folded it and placed it in an old library book.

Adorabibble said...

ya never know what you will get for Christmas or your b-day,

I am happy you liked I did my bestest!